The 10th meeting of the SMEC series is expected to be an ideal platform to discuss and promote interdisciplinary research in the fields of high pressure physics, geophysics, solid state physics and chemistry and materials science.
The meeting will be held in the conference space of the ‘Celebrity Equinox‘ cruise ship sailing from Miami to East Caribbean and return to Miami.
The conference will cover interdisciplinary experimental and theoretical topics in the following areas:
- High pressure mineral physics and chemistry
- High pressure research on energy materials
- High pressure physics at the nanoscale
- Computational materials science at high pressure
- Spectyroscopy of materials at high pressure
- Strong electronic correlations under extreme conditions
- Superconductors and related materials
- Quantum functional materials at high pressure
- 2D materials and related functional systems
- Emerging Spin-orbit coupled materials
- Dynamical stability of materials at high pressure
- Hydrogen and hydrides
- Geomaterials at environmental conditions